Black Gold

Nov 26, 2018
What has been only available for Metasploit Pro users for a while, has finally become available to free (community) users as well!

Rapid7 has as of today introduced a (CE) Community Edition of Metasploit, which is of course not 100% as good as the Pro version, but it does contain that very smooth GUI, which appears to be quite stable and with just a few quirks. Naturally, the console is still prefered by many, which also feels more like real hacking, however the GUI seems to give a really nice overview as well.

Several years ago I remember how Metasploit was, and I even read the documentation for version 3 and parts of version 2. What I liked the most, were case studies in various books on how to create these Metasploit modules, which seemed a lot harder back then, though even a newbie could of course learn the basics quite fast.

As I haven't fully tested the GUI out yet, I'm not sure how well it integrates with NeXpose which ALSO has a great community edition, but my guess is that it probably does.

I can't wait to try out the GUI, as I believe it may speed up the process of pentesting, especially when you're e.g., searching for modules to use.

Some things in the console, has never been that easy to navigate around or through, even though it has always been possible, choosing the right module and issuing "info" for several modules surely has been time consuming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors